Theophany School's educational model of thematic curriculum, small class sizes, and faith-based teaching, creates many opportunities for students to shine. By utilizing multi-sensory, cross curricular learning startegies, our students are better able to access and connect with information through their various modes of intelligence. This empowers them to see realationships and explore their world in a deeper way.
The curriculum is based upon thematic units that are geared to the developmental needs of our students and touch upon meaningful and relevant issues in our young student’s lives.
The students at Theophany are focusing on the following unique themes every month during the 2012-2013 school year:
- September: Heroes Help Us
- October: Hay is for Horses
- November: Breaking Bread
- December: O' Christmas Tree
- January: Commotion in the Ocean
- February: Quilting
- March: Author Study-Ezra Jack Keats
- April: Bee Attitudes
- May: Night Time...Knight Time?
- June: Silly School
Art is also an important component of the curriculum and is woven into lessons with the works of a different artist studied each month.
*Our Curriculum and Themes are created based on the needs and interest of our students and may be updated or changed as deemed necessary by our staff.
The classroom experience is enriched through the following programs and celebrations:
- Visiting artists and musicians
- Field trips to museums and places of local interest
- Curious Creatures: Hands-on, safe & educational experience with creepy, crawly creatures!
- 100 day of School
- Kindergarten Theater
- Birthday/Nameday celebrations
- Theophany School Feast Day
- Last Day of School
- Outreach programs to benefit local and international causes